Saturday 6 June 2009

Craftalicious

My Doctor has signed me off for another few weeks, since she wants to wait until I have seen the Neurologist before signing me fit for work (ugh). So instead of sitting idly around the house moping I am throwing myself back into crafting.

Since I am able to drive again, I am planning on visiting my cousin Laura, in Wales this month. It will be the first time in 8 months I have been over the bridge, but I am looking forward to seeing her and her family.

Laura only drinks caffeine free herbal teas, with peppermint being her favourite. She always carries a few loose teabags with her, by the time she gets around to using them, they are crushed and covered in handbag fluff. In order to remedy the situation, I decided to make her a tea wallet. I am still very much a novice when it comes to sewing and I thought a small prject like this would be ideal practice for me and make a cute gift at the same time.

I am really pleased with the outcome. It is a great way to utilise FQ's and other scraps of fabric. I can see myself making alot more of these. I hope Laura likes it, although I am tempted to keep it for myself.

0 Comments: