Saturday 20 June 2009

My First Swaps

So I wanted to start off slowly on swap-bot and when I cam across these matchbox swaps, I knew they were a perfect starting point. I joined four swaps, to make one each of, bead filled, button filled, brad filled and ribbon filled matchbox. I read my partners' profiles carefully and tried very hard to create something they would like. Together with the matchbox, I included a small extra that corresponded with something they mentioned on their profile. I have never covered a matchbox before, and had to purchase a bunch (I have an abundance of matches now), but I really enjoyed the process. It was very calming to sit down and do something so productive that I know will not only be appreciated but used creatively by someone else too. They are now packaged, addressed and ready to send.

I really think I am going to enjoy the whole swapping experience and I can't wait to receive my matchboxes. I am going to be cautious though, as I have read many of the forum posts about flakers, scammers and the ridiculous excuses used to fob off members who haven't received their swaps. I think the key is to take things slowly, and once I have built up my ratings with some mail swaps and proved my reliability, I will take part in more group swaps and private swaps, that way it minimises the risk of being flaked on or scammed.

Anyway, here they are, the matchbox line up. :)





0 Comments: